Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Need site input

Hi all--

I've been making lots of calls and talking to people about different venues.

This is what I've got as far as Anderson goes:

The Paramount Ballroom is lovely, but we would have to cap attendance at about 200. With a class of almost 400, and the expectation that most people will want to bring a spouse or date, this just seems too small. (Plus, I've left messages twice and received no return call.)

The Clarion Hotel (former Holiday Inn) would be the right size, but after speaking to a relative who recently attended a wedding there I thought that I'd better do some research. The ratings on travel websites are dismal, and one event planner that I talked to told me that the food is mediocre and the service is worse.

Other than that, I'm not finding much. Any other suggestions?

If we can't find something in Anderson can we do Indy?

I have been to several meetings/events at the Hilton that is just off I69 at the Castleton exit. It is close to Anderson and the food I had there was decent. There are a number of places that could be possibilities on the north side.

I have a dinner/silent auction in three weeks that I'm finishing up preparations for, and after that I want to really get this tied up.

So what do you think? Any ideas? Help!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane, The Castleton area/north side would be easy to get to. I'm fine with that. Some of the downtown Indy places, although very nice, can be pretty costly just for the room and the food is usually catered by their choice. I've looked into some of the food prices that they offer and they're very expensive. That will up the whole price quite a bit. I like your suggestion.
Linda Beach

Anonymous said...

Jane, the Northside/Castleton area would probably be the best bet. Anderson just doesn't seem to have much to offer in the way of locations any longer.
Teresa Patterson

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.